Monday, September 5, 2016

Results of todays operation on September 5

Oh my god, band conditions were REALLY REALLY REALLY bad today. Only 138 QSOs in the 0400 to 0800 UTC period and most of these were in the last hour. In the previous two visits, it was open to North America and Europe from 0400 UTC on 20m but things didn't really happen until 0700 UTC. I was talking to a W7 who said I was the only station on the band and I could see from DX Summit that there were very few spots being announced for anyone.

But I'm sure those who made it in the log today are still glad I made the trip to the island.

Oh well these things happen. The good thing about OC-228 is that I'm going to visit multiple times so if band conditions are crap like they were today, at least you all know I be visiting there again soon.

Make sure you visit the VK IOTA facebook page and 'like' the page so that you can keep up to date on my next visit.

I've uploaded the logs from today (see the club log logo on the right hand side of this page).

Currently there have been 984 QSOs made, the breakdown is:

57%   Europe
30%   Asia
  7%   North America
  5%   Oceania
<1%   Africa

If you're not in the log and thought you made a QSO, please email me at vk5ce@yahoo.com.au


No comments:

Post a Comment